Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Welcome to Currents!

Hello Currents readers!

Allow me to introduce myself - I'm Anika Chapin, and I'm the Literary Manager here at Two River Theater. I'm new (this my third week!), and we thought that as I get to know the theater, I would write this here blog so that its readers could do it along with me.

First though, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I've been a theater fan almost all my life, having been brought to my first show when I was six months old (my dad, a theater lover himself, brought me. Apparently I was transfixed by the lights going up on the stage, and I've been hooked ever since). I've had many different jobs within theater, including assistant director, casting director, and, for an interesting spell of time, company manager on an Australian tour of 'Cats' that traveled around Asia (and yes, that yielded many good stories). I'm also a writer, contributing pieces to the New York Times among other spots, and maintaining my own theater blog, called Bloggledygook. I also have my MFA in Dramaturgy from Columbia University. Well, I WILL have, once I finish that pesky thesis.

Here at the theater I'll mainly be in charge of finding new plays and musicals to develop, as well as various other tasks. I could not be more excited about being here, and I look forward to sharing the world of Two River with you. So stay tuned for posts about theater and how its made, about what's on our mind and in our community, and about the magical parking spot of Two River (that'll make sense soon, I promise).

This is me! Say hi if you spot me at the theater.


1 comment:

  1. Happy to have you on board, Anika! Thanks for leading our first post :)

    ReplyDelete